Friday, April 3, 2009

Skin Food- Peach Sake Ice Mist

Here is one very interesting product. I guess i only bought it because it was so interesting, and not the fact that i thought it would be good for my skin. This 'ice mist' is indeed icy, the product reaches as low as minus 4 degrees as soon as its pumped out of the bottle. You cannot apply this directly onto the skin, you must spray it on a cotton pad or tissue then apply. It claims to tighten pores and control sebum. It also claims to calm the skin down to reduce redness and puffiness. This product really smells like what its name suggests- peach, and sake alcohol.

Skinfood is a Korean skincare brand, i could not find the original website though, only one from Skinfood Singapore. Skinfood's products to me are all very interesting. Their packaging is attractive, they have a large variety of products, some come out of the bottle as cool as minus 4 degrees, whilst some cme out warm and heated. Their products are fun to use and some smell good enough to eat. But really, that is all. I have used a few of their products and honestly only bought them because they looked like fun to use. I dont find them to be particularly gentle to the skin. Their products all seem somewhat- artificial? Even though they are all associated with food- i really wonder how much of natural ingredients they use in their products? I personally dont think they are as natural as they make out to be.

Review:

- cheap. Only around USD20 something per 100ml bottle
- The coolness of the product does reduce redness temporarily. You will enjoy using it after being out in the sun or when your face feels really hot esp during the summer months.
- it helps to tighten pores temporarily, only to a certain extend though. Nothing dramatic
- very fun to use! Smells nice! I think this product is OK if you only use it very occasionally.

- Dont think this product is natural at all. The fact that the liquid reaches -4 degrees when pumped out tells me that this bottle is packed with artificial ingredients.
- Don't use it if you have sensitive skin! I used it once when my skin was in the 'sensitive days' and it got really irritated. It started itching and i had to wash it with Cetaphil a few times.
- It does not control sebum. I can tell you that for sure
- As far as the face goes, it does not reduce puffiness. I do have puffiness around my eyes but this product is way too strong to use in that area. My eyes gets watery from the high alcohol content if the product gets close to them.

Overall Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Great review ! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review. I also think that this brand is not as natural as it said.

    ReplyDelete