Friday, April 3, 2009

Little bit about myself...

If people ask me what skin type i have, i would probably say oily...cause most of the time i am quite oily. But the truth is, it actually depends on the day when i get asks the question- my skin fluctuates that much! In detail, I have skin which is quite dry underneath but oily on the surface. The harsh/ dry Australian climate makes it all the worse. I know you've probably heard this 1000 times but it is so true that if you dont moisturise enough, your skin will produce more natural oil and make you an oil slick. I used to think moisturising on my already oily skin sounded nutty, and was only a marketing gimmick. And the thought of putting more oil on my already oily face was insane! But it really does work! I will talk about facial oil/essential oils more later in my blog.

Another thing about my skin is that the turnover of cells is quite rapid- and not in a good way. I know for a fact that i get a lot of dead skin cells in a day, because my pores clogs very easily. If i exfoliate too less, my skin gets all clogged up and i break out easily, at the same time, if i exfoliate too much, my skin hates in and i will start to get very irritated and red, and somehow it tends to produce even more oil than it normally does. It's just bad news... So i have to be very careful. What helped me the most in this area is the Clarisonic facial brush. I will get into more detail later on.

I was born in Hong Kong and moved to Australia when i was young. I have no troubles finding the best beauty products in the Asian market and having learnt Japanese for 5 years make things even better- in the sense that i can find the best beauty products in Japan as well! What i find is that a lot of the japanese products dont have english translation. Those who cannot read japanese or chinese but wants to get their hands on the products may find my blog useful? Anyway, hope you enjoy :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment