Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bio Oil

This thing really does work! It contains an active ingredient 'PurCellin Oil', which is said to heal scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging or dehydrated skin.

I cant comment much on the result on dehydrated or aging skin, but i have been using it for 2 months on scars and uneven skin tone, and it's working pretty well so far! I get de-sensitization shots for my allergies each month. After each injection, it always leaves a bit of bruising and scaring behind. Bio Oil has helped me heaps in that area. It gradually fades the scars and evening out the skin tone of the whole area. My friend who used this product before and after having a baby on stretch marks and told me that she cannot live without this product!

If you have skin like me and pores gets blocked really easily, dont use it on your face. I tried it once on one side of my face to even out skin tone, and got blocked pores all over straight away the next day! I only used a very small amount too. I dont think this product should be used as a face oil. Bio Oil is not like essential oils, which consists of particles small enough to be absorbed into your blood stream. Unless you have very dry facial skin, i would only use this on the body.

Review:
- Not expensive. Around AUD20 per 60ml bottle.
- Easy to find. Can be found in almost every chemists and leading retailers.
- As far as healing of scars, uneven skin tone and stretch marks goes, this product really does do what it says it would.
- Only need a very small amount each time. I have been using this for 2 months 4-5 times a week, look at the picture above and see how much i've used only.
- Took me only 4-5 applications until i started to see improvements

- Feels quite greasy on the skin- but im OK with that as i only use a small amount on my body, not on my face.
- Does clog pores on the facial skin. Can't use this product on the face if you have combination/ oily/ acne skin. Only if you're very dry.

Overall Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment