Monday, April 6, 2009

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream

I love love love this product! I first found out about this product on EDS forum. I remember at first i only used it for a week before burying it in my drawer because it broke me out badly! I had blocked pores all over my face. I was so disappointed because people rave about it on their blogs and in forums. I so wanted it to work on me. Weeks later i went back in the forum and came across the 'DR H cleansing cream rave' thread again- the very thread which persuaded me to buy it at first. I somehow got into believing it again and gave it another shot.

This time, i did the correct 'press and roll' method, and not only that. I also used a gentle cloth to wipe the residue off my face. Wow- what a difference did that make!! I was suddenly greeted with flawless skin for the first time in a VERY long time! For those who wants to try this product, it is worth the AUD37 all the way. But unless you have very dry skin, you must wipe the residue off your face after washing, as it leaves a 'film' on your face which can block your pores- exactly what happened to me the first time i used it. Try using an all cotton soft cloth like a small baby flannel. This type of cloth becomes super soft after contacting water.

Dr Hauschka
cleansing cream contains ingredients such as Almond, calendula and chamomile oil, so its very soothing and calming to use on any type of skin. You will need to know how to do the 'press and roll' method to fully take advantage of this product. The regular rubbing or circulating motion on the face will not do with this product. In fact it tells you not to do that at all in the insert leaflet. Click here to find out how to use DHCC properly.

Combining its gentle ingredients, the cleansing method and wiping residue off at the end, this product is truly amazing for my skin type- which is oily on the surface, dry underneath with a little bit of sensitivity.

I once went overseas and forgot to bring the tube with me, i couldn't find Dr H there so i bought the Jurlique cleansing cream instead at the airport. That broke me out. The grains were way too big and harsh for my skin. Anyway back to DHCC, you simply must try it out!

Review:
- Almond grains excellent for removing dirt and debris with gentle exfoliating action
- Almond, calendula and chamomile oil moisturises the skin while you exfoliate, so your skin will not become over-dry or irritated. Excellent for people with under laying dryness.
- It's effective yet gentle enough to use on all ages and all skin types!
- contains almond oil which is a natural skin lightener. It can help to gradually fade away freckles and sun spots. I found that DHCC has lightened my overall complexion.


- it is quite expensive for it's size. I use it once a day and i usually go through a tube in less than a month.
- this product is designed to be used with the press and roll method, its a holistic approach to your daily cleansing ritual, you should take your time to do this slowly and breath in the essential oils aroma as your cleansing your day away. This product does not foam and cannot be rubbed on the face, so if your in a rush to wash everything off quick then dont use this product.
- it does contain alcohol, but i have sensitive skin and my skin still likes the product.
- some may not like the smell of the product, although i love it! Some people describe it as the smell of 'cheap beer' mixed with flower scent? i dont know... i love the smell :o)

Overall rating:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the useful post. I too find wiping off the left over after washing very important! My skin always feels greasy if I don't wipe it off.

    ReplyDelete